SUMMARY OF COURSE
Add to your HR career portfolio with the Professional in Human Resources – California® (PHRca®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHRca demonstrates your mastery of the laws, regulations and HR management practices unique to the state of California. The PHRca is for professionals who either practice in California or are responsible for human resource management in California. You do not have to be located in California to earn a PHRca. Many certification holders add the PHRca to their other HRCI credentials.
PHRca Certification Preparation--18 Instructional Hours.
This California Specific 6-week course prep course meets evenings to accommodate busy work schedules. Weekly practice tests and ample time for peer-to-peer interaction enhance learning and help you stay on track with a certified, experienced instructor.
Class begins Tuesday, July 17, 2018 and ends Thursday, August 23, 2018.
Sessions held ONLINE two nights (Tues and Thurs) a week from 5:00 - 6:30 pm
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Bill is a nationally certified SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PHRca. He played a key role in the development and launch of HRCI’s California HR Certification Program in 2007. In 2014, Bill was a Technical Editor for McGraw Hill’s two new professional publications, the All-in-One PHR/SPHR Professional in Human Resources Certification Exam Guide and its companion, the PHR/SPHR Professional in Human Resources Certification.
Bill’s past and present professional leadership activities include roles on SHRM’s Board of Directors (National Vice President, 1986); HRCI’s Board of Directors (as President, 1992); on the California Human Resource Management Council of SHRM (State Director, 1987); on Northern California HR Association (NCHRA) (President, 1981); on the Marin County Personnel Commission (Chair, 1982); and currently on NCHRA’s Steering Committee for HR Certification.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Imagine getting the same excellent course without the hassle of commuting or parking. This specialized instructor-led, online program provides the opportunity to interact in a real-time format with other classmates and instructor. Discuss weekly assignments or ask questions. It’s just like being in a real classroom, but live on the Internet.
*(This is not on-demand content - this is a live online class)
-A minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master's degree or higher, OR
-A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor's degree, OR
-A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor's degree, and a high school diploma or global equivalent.
* This course is intended to prepare students based on current HRCI exam content. HRCI exam content is changing August 1, 2018.
* We recommend you schedule your exam once the class is confirmed and before August 1, 2018.
* NCHRA does not refund HRCI exam change fees.
* A minimum of 8 participants is required to hold each class.
* To ensure timely receipt of course materials, you should register by January 9, 2018.
* Learning materials will be shipped to the address on file 1. Please contact NCHRA at 1-800-389-4481 for an alternative shipping address.
* Partial refunds--full registration less a $75 service charge--are available up to one week before start date ONLY IF MATERIALS ARE RETURNED UNOPENED AND IN PERFECT CONDITION.